Kim Ogg believes United States veterans are Harris County's greatest assets. As a result, Ogg's platform includes specialized handling of cases involving veterans, whether as crime victims or as the accused in the Harris County criminal justice system. Her plan for helping veterans is:
- Specialized intake of veterans’ criminal cases;
- Increased capacity of veterans’ criminal cases assigned to the Harris County Veterans' Court Program;
- Improved collaboration between veteran/VA-related organizations and the District Attorney’s office so that prosecutors and defense attorneys have equal access to the veteran's complete information;
- Recruitment and appointment of a $1 per year veterans’ volunteer liaison to the DA’s Office on behalf of veterans;
- Assistance to veterans who have been the victims of violent or property crimes and prosecution of any person or organization who exploit veterans for financial gain.